Hey Friends, just popping in for a quick update on our Coffee Bar!
- I managed to get another coat of white paint on the parts of the desk that needed it
- The hubby added 3 more screws to really sturdy it up since shrinking the width to fit our space
- He also reattached the desk top and filled in the seam with wood filler
- I sanded the desk top down to remove the previous finish and added another layer of wood filler to the seam and a couple other spots
- Another quick sanding and dusting off and it was ready for stain!
- Stain applied (a little harder than I thought, a few brush strokes are visible)
Letting it dry overnight and then I just have to get a piece of white MDF backboard to create a little shelf where one of the old drawers went (the top right drawer) and spray paint the hardware matte black. Once that’s all done, I can attach the hardware and take the desk upstairs!
I also need to spray the shelf brackets I got with the matte black spray paint. They are glossy black and I’d really like it all to match. Then I can cut my shelf to size, stain that and install it. Boom, coffee bar DIY is nearly complete!
Stay tuned for updates on this awesome-fun DIY!