The nights are long, but the years are oh so short.
Last week I had another cardiac check-up. It went pretty much as expected (which is great) and we left with a prescription the be filled and a follow-up appointment booked.
A few days ago I celebrated my 31st birthday. I cannot believe I’m properly into my thirties now. The day itself was much like any other with a few hiccups here and there. Curious about it & about how we celebrated the following weekend?
Continue reading Another Trip ‘Round the Sun!
Hey Friends, just popping in for a quick update on our Coffee Bar!
- I managed to get another coat of white paint on the parts of the desk that needed it
- The hubby added 3 more screws to really sturdy it up since shrinking the width to fit our space
- He also reattached the desk top and filled in the seam with wood filler
- I sanded the desk top down to remove the previous finish and added another layer of wood filler to the seam and a couple other spots
- Another quick sanding and dusting off and it was ready for stain!
- Stain applied (a little harder than I thought, a few brush strokes are visible)
Letting it dry overnight and then I just have to get a piece of white MDF backboard to create a little shelf where one of the old drawers went (the top right drawer) and spray paint the hardware matte black. Once that’s all done, I can attach the hardware and take the desk upstairs!
I also need to spray the shelf brackets I got with the matte black spray paint. They are glossy black and I’d really like it all to match. Then I can cut my shelf to size, stain that and install it. Boom, coffee bar DIY is nearly complete!
Stay tuned for updates on this awesome-fun DIY!
This last Christmas, my darling Hubbz surprised me with a ticket to see Harry Potter #1 accompanied by the London Symphonia. This combines two of my loves – The Boy Who Lived AND orchestral music LIVE! I was beyond pumped and excited.
If you recall, waaaaay back in January 2017 we began work on our basement. This was in anticipation of our little nugget who arrived in April 2017. We needed our then office to become a nursery room so the wee one would have a place to sleep… once he transitioned out of our room that is.
…and then I do the things!